Saturday, April 10, 2010

To Buy or Not To Buy? That is the question!


The famous Apple iPad!  There has been a lot of buzz about it over the last week, since it's release.  Of course, out topic of discussion today is:  "Is the iPad worth it??"

As a device it looks very portable, attractive, and user friendly, but with a lack of Flash support, USB ports and Camera, is the device really worth it?
The 16GB runs you $500 USD.  For that price you can buy low ends laptops now days.  So is a giant iPod really what the market is looking for?

Apple sold 300,000 units on the first day (or at least that's what they say).  That sort of success comes rarely to a product, especially at that sort of a price.  But I'm still a bit skeptical.  My approach is going to be a "wait and see" one.  I will most definitely wait for the 2nd Generation iPads before I make any commitments. 

So what do you guys think?  Buy or not to buy??

2 comments:

  1. I got the iPad 64GB version, and it is an amazing amazing piece of HW. My notebook use is now only about 15%, and my iPad at 85%. For web consumption, its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree... your notebook consumption goes down drastically once you get the ipad. And it's fun to play some games on it too!

    ReplyDelete