Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Steel City

So, it was Saturday night and it had been a while since I let loose so I called up my best friend and made plans to visit him in the Steel City a.k.a. Hamilton. There is just something peculiar about Hamilton. Life just drops a grade a two as soon as you leave the Greater Toronto Area and start entering Hamilton city limits.

Anyways, we decide to grab a bite to eat and then hit the local night life, Hess Village.
We go to the fanciest Italian Restaurant in town. They give us freshly unfrozen and then baked garlic bread. I know this 'cause I've bought the same bread from my grocer's frozen food section before. After the fine dining is done, we catch the last few minutes of the Denver vs LA basketball game - Wow, what a close finish.

We head over to Hess Village - or teeny bopper central like I've come to call it. Every year seems like girls are getting younger and the skirts are getting shorter........wait, legal drinking age is 19, so maybe I'm getting older, but the skirts are definitely getting shorter!!

After a night of standing around, having a drink or two and then bailing to go sleep at home I've come to the realization, that I'm just not cut out to be a clubber any more. Long gone is my life of staying out till the wee hours of the morning trying to meet cute girls. Alas, old age is catching up. But I'm ready for it! I've got the best years of my life yet to come with the one cute girl I met one night.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment